Today we celebrated my MomMom’s 90th birthday. She has been such an omnipresent part of my life…and the life of my Bugs. I feel so fortunate to have her in my life and even more fortunate that my Bugs have had her in theirs! The Bugs call her “old mom mom” and I guess being 90 allows for that title….I think she’s earned it ❤
She was born in 1923…
- Time Magazine was first published in March of that year.
- Warner Bros. was founded (April)
- Louis Armstrong made his first recording
- Yankee Stadium opened its doors
- President Harding died of a heart attack and was succeeded by Vice President Calvin Coolidge
- Roy and Walt Disney founded The Walt Disney Company
- A loaf of bread cost 7cents
- A gallon of milk cost 56cents
She lived through World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War. She lived through the depression. She witnessed the debut and popularity explosion of television, movies, computers, phones, cell phones. She’s seen horrific world events played out, world leaders come and go, societal norms change. She’s seen the worst of people and the best of people.
She’s cared for her family, supporting each of us to be who we are. She loves deeply and accepts everyone. She married her sweetheart and spent almost 70 years experiencing life with him, raising a son, enjoying 3 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. She has loved so many and is greatly loved.
Happy Happy Birthday ❤