A typical day in our house includes at least half a dozen discussion about food, peanut butter not being the only protein that is acceptable for LoveBug to eat and at least 2 requests for dessert or “something junky since we did eat the fruit/veggies you gave us.” It is exhausting! But last night I hit the jackpot! The Bugs and I whipped up a cold, creamy deliciousness that has no added sugar, no milk and is chock full of healthy goodness! Even LoveBug LOVED it!
This was mine…I fancied it up a bit for the picture…you’re welcome! lol It’s a little difficult to see in the picture but think super creamy, rich ice cream-ish deliciousness. That’s good for you…really good for you! Try it…then tell me how you like it!
- 2-3 frozen banana slices (tip: peel and slice before freezing! I didn’t and whew! it was a miracle I didn’t cut myself!)
- 1/2-3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4-1/2 cup almonds (we used flax seeds which don’t blend as smoothly but they were on the counter and I didn’t have any almonds)
- 1-2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbs almond or peanut butter (optional…we used it because we didn’t use the almonds and wanted the flavor)
- Get out your food processor or super blender (vita mix or ninja should work)
- combine the raisins, almonds, cocoa powder together to make a paste. Taste it for sweetness but remember the bananas will add sweetness too
- mix in the cocoa powder (you could add in vanilla instead if you wanted but we like chocolate in our house!)
- pulse in the frozen banana slices. be careful to pulse not just blend or you’ll end up with cold soup instead of creamy deliciousness!
- Eat and enjoy!